Seventy years after World War II and the defeat of fascism, Europe is facing the challenge of a Nazi, racist far-right on the rise.
Racists and Nazis however definitely have an opponent who keeps growing stronger: the massive and pluralistic movement fighting in the streets all over Europe, not only against fascist terrorism but also against those who sustain and protect it: anti-grassroots policies, arbitrary police behaviour, neoliberal totalitarianism itself and the system trying to impose it.
On April 11th, 12th and 13th 2014, resistance met in Athens and through assemblies, political events, workshops and discussions we shared our experiences and made a significant step to organising our cross-border solidarity and a concerted struggle against fascism all across Europe. We sent out a strong message against fascism, sexism, racism, state totalitarianism and the deadlock of capitalism.
The Assembly concluded the following:
- To designate Saturday November 8th, 2014 as common day of action across Europe, considering that Sunday, November 9th is the black anniversary of the “night of pogroms”;
- International days of commemoration and solidarity on the dates of assassinations of antifascists by fascists by organizing symbolic mobilizations in cities or embassies;
- Greece: 1 year from the assassination of Pavlos Fyssas, Thursday September 18th, 2014;
- France: 1 year from the assassination of antifascist Clement Méric in Paris, Thursday June 5th, 2014.
- Create a common internet platform of counter-information, mutual news sharing and views sharing to coordinate international action and solidarity more effectively.
The Assembly of the European Antifascist Meeting
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.